CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's been 31 years!

My birthday is almost here again. I cannot believe I am 31 years old already. It sometimes seems like yesterday that I was playing hide and go seek with the neighborhood kids and my older brother. I was thinking yesterday of my 12th birthday party and my mom had planned a scavenger hunt for my brother and me for our birthdays. There were so many kids roaming our poor little neighborhood and knocking on doors I do not know how we ever completed it.She made me and Dillon(brother) these B-day cakes that looked like hamburgers with all the fixings. It was so much fun! I do not know why as adults we quit having fun on our birthdays. Why can't we go on scavenger hunts and have crazy cakes with all our friends? Just because I am getting older should not mean that I have to quit having fun on my birthday. So, I have decided I WILL do something crazy and fun for my birthday. I may even make myself a crazy cake (or buy). Why should I dread another older? This is my day to celebrate the life that my God has created. So I will leave you with these 2 words PARTY ON!!!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Amen, sister!!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, my friend!!! Let's party!

Michael Paine said...

I have once been told the alternative to getting older is death so yeah we will accept the aging RIGHT? :) Party girl Party!

Michael Paine said...

i just wanted to let you know that I miss seeing your beautiful face!

News paper video