CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Schools Out for the Summer!

You know what they say.... No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers dirty looks. Well, I am sure my kiddos teachers ,especially Joey's is ready for summer..lol. The question is "am I ready for summer?" NO! Last year I had already made my trip to the local supply store and bought a huge poster with the days of the week already labeled. Then I sat down and portioned out the chores to each individual(except for dad) and reading times and so forth and so on. This year I don't know what has happened. I am excited, but not prepared. How can I keep the kids from plotting a plan of action of how they can take over the neighborhood one home at a time? Their strength is in numbers. Their alias. The neighbors kiddos. I can already tell their planning their invasion. At exactly 3:45 everyday for the past 2 months there is a simple 2 quick knocks at the front door and before I can get there all 3 are at the door with one swift move open, out,close. Then they disappear mysteriously into the backyards of our homes. When questioned later in the evenings their only reply is "we were jumping on the trampoline". Ha, likely story! I see them running through the alley ways (likely escape routes if in danger) and gathering all kinds of whatchamacallits (?) . I haven't quite figured out yet what their next plan of action is though. My oldest, although he acts like he could care less, has already asked if he could skip the last 2 days of school. Probably needing the extra time to finish up some final strategic planning. I complied with the hopes of being able to maybe catch a lead of the inevitable invasion. I am almost certain I have spotted them trafficking food from the kitchen to the possible "hideout". I may not be able to post about this "suspected invasion" again so heed my warnings, PARENTS STAND STRONG! YOU BROUGHT THEM INTO THIS WORLD AND YOU CAN TAKE THEM OUT! WHEN QUESTIONED BY THEM ONLY ANSWER
"BECAUSE I SAID SO!"
and last but not least their weakness BATH-TIME
(USE EXTRA SOAP)


lol!

I am really looking forward to our summer and no I do not have my plans nailed down. Maybe my "free spirit" is taking over. Sometimes it's hard to keep it under control (lol). Who suffers from it? Well, this summer, my kids. They'll survive. I have for the past 30 years. ha!ha !
(almost 31 ugh!) We are joining the YMCA for sure, Terrific Tuesdays with the church, Book Club, Youth Camp (Yay!) I can manage the in between.

Proverbs 31:28:
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:

1 comments:

Heather said...

I think I hear them outside my door...I must go check the latch!!! ha ha ha

I had fun at the movies yesterday...what a great "service" the theatre is providing! :) I hope we have a great summer...I'm sure we can "handle the in-between"!!! :)

News paper video